Posted by dalene, January 25th, 2013
At Discover Africa Group, we welcome guest posts, so we decided to draw up a few guidelines to better help your chances of seeing your article appear on one of our travel websites (which we would love).
- We’re looking for useful content that our readers will appreciate.
- Use personal experience examples wherever you can to better illustrate an area of expertise.
- We’re looking for new content that hasn’t been on the web before.
- Please don’t violate any copyright laws. Let’s play nice.
- We’re not a fan of promotional articles.
Preferred Southern Africa Article Themes
We love content that surrounds the specific locations and destinations we deal with.
- If you’re able to contribute the following based on them – great!
- Personal road trip experience stories
- Travel route reviews
- Destination reviews
- Travel tips and tricks
- Camping or caravanning advice
- Travel How-To guides
Please send an email to greg[at]discoverafricagroup[dot]com, addressed to Greg Meyer, our online marketing mind. In this email, please include:
- An introduction to who you are.
- Which website you would like to contribute your post to: Drive South Africa, Discover Africa, or Overlanding Africa?
- The title of the post you’d like us to feature.
- Bullet points outlining your topic.
- Your proposed guest post in a Word doc.
We may recommend some changes be made to your article. Don’t worry — it’s a good thing — we just need to smooth out a few rough edges before publishing.
Guest Post Tips
- Come up with a brilliant title.
- Make the article scannable.
- Use subheadings and bullet points where possible.
- Word length: 500 – 1500 words.
- Please proofread and edit your post before sending it to us.
- Include an author bio for your author profile page with your guest post.
- You may include one link to your website which will appear on your author profile page.
- Please don’t include affiliate links.
Enjoy writing your guest post! We look forward to hearing from you soon.